DRY Soda, Inc. - VP of Operations
|Job Title:||VP of Operations|
|Company:||DRY Soda, Inc.|
|Location:||Seattle, WA, 98104|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
DRY Soda Co. is hiring for a senior leadership role in Operations. This role would be responsible for all production of our current beverage line and any new product launches. This includes logistics, procurement, order processing, inventory management, quality assurance, and vendor relations. Qualified candidates will have strong strategic, analytical, relationship-building and communication skills. This role reports directly to the CEO and will be a key member of the executive team. In addition to work as a key team leader and manager and mentor to direct reports, this position will work with suppliers and co-packers to ensure that with the fast company growth, supply and manufacturing vendors meet or exceed applicable good practice standards as well as expectations for cost, capacity, quality, and reliability.
DRY creates sparkling beverages for people seeking culinary experiences in their everyday lives. DRY is flavor forward, crisp, unexpected and most of all, refreshing. With a clean ingredient panel and culinary flavors, DRY is a sparkling beverage worthy of gourmet food pairing and premium mixology. We operate a high growth brand in an extremely fast-paced environment. We are committed to best-in-class innovation, execution, design and relationship-building and continuously work cross functionally. We love the food and beverage industry and are hungry to take DRY to the next level. Our ideal candidate is an action-oriented problem solver, a great manager and a collaborative professional.
- In conjunction with Sales and Finance develop and continuously improve the production planning process to ensure strong trade cycle by keeping inventory lean, while planning for key growth initiatives and pivoting production planning based on changes to sales forecast
- Develop efficient logistics channels for moving both raw materials and finished goods both reliably and in order to reduce costs
- Support the production plan by proactively communicating with co-packers and raw materials suppliers to schedule production and monitor progress against open orders as well as working to negotiate best terms to reduce COGS
- Stay current with technology and best practices affecting functional areas to drive innovation and ensure compliance
- Manage the various current DRY certification programs and any potential future programs. ie: Non- GMO, Gluten Free etc.
- Develop and implement SOP’s for quality / sanitation, and a consistent product specification across a distributed and growing manufacturing footprint. Drive implementation of industry best practices through formal specifications and internal and external quality assurance / control processes
- Be the primary “go to” for production and supply chain troubleshooting and loss control
- Work with co-packers and 3PLs to optimize their reporting, help them operate efficiently, and minimize shrink losses
- Ownership of and accountability for inventory – counting and valuing it, accounting for all movements in and out, protecting it from damage and loss, and setting replenishment benchmarks and EOQ’s
- Be the lead contact and a key decision maker in case of product recall
- Work with finance to identify additional suppliers both for raw materials and co-production so that the company has back-up options should we need to pivot based on new time-sensitive sales opportunities
- Support company data and analytic reporting helping to develop data snapshots and useful analytic information for business planning and strategy creation.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a senior role in materials and/or supply chain management from planning through purchasing, including negotiation of supply agreements, preferably in the bottling or contract bottling industries.
- Deep experience establishing and maintaining productive relationships with suppliers and contract bottlers and be familiar with their capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics.
- Experience in high growth and entrepreneurial companies.
- Experience in quality assurance and control, and can contribute to the development of robust product specs and process checkpoints.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Salary DOE
- Generous PTO Package
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401K Match after 6 months grace period
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with VP of Operations as the subject line.