Bonafide Provisions, LLC - Director of Sales
|Job Title:||Director of Sales|
|Company:||Bonafide Provisions, LLC|
|Location:||Carlsbad, CA, 92011|
Director of Sales Position – Conventional, Natural, Mass, Club & Specialty Channels
Reports to CEO
Natural Foods Consumer Packaged Goods
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing/ground-breaking company that is building a new brand in a developing category. As Director of Sales, you will manage and develop the Bonafide Provisions® portfolio within multiple regional and national chain store accounts across specific geographies or channels. This position is responsible for maximizing the performance of Bonafide Provisions® brands and packages in each account as measured by improvements in top-line volume, revenue, and market share growth; this will be accomplished by effectively executing the Bonafide Provisions® brand plan for each account while managing the relationships of key decision makers within the account, brokers, and distributors.
- Provide and implement strategic direction to support Bonafide Provisions® sales and marketing initiatives within account plans across assigned chain account universe; ensuring account plans address promotions, ads, distribution, availability enhancement, execution of price, package, and platform plans, and deliver account objectives within targeted investment guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with brokers regional sales team and retail buyers to maximize Bonafide Provisions® financial investment and volume.
- Take ownership of specific “top” accounts and establish Bonafide Provisions® as “table captain” or “validator” in the frozen and refrigerated category.
- Provide consistent pre and post analysis of account on going performance by utilizing IRI and/or Spins syndicated data and broker/distributor sales reports.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate manner, all trade plans to brokers, distributors, and Bonafide Provisions® Management team.
Build positive customer relationships with all levels of assigned accounts to include establishing effective call frequency with all buyers, brokers, and distributors.
- Develop account management plan in order to gain support of the business plan from all involved persons including buyer, broker, and distributor.
- Keep abreast of all competitive and other relevant information in each account and provide consistent feedback to the Management team.
- Conduct regular business reviews and category analysis with customers in order to monitor brand performance, build meaningful relationships, re-affirm strategies to optimize Bonafide Provisions® business and the value that is created for our customer.
- Collaborate with customer, broker, and Bonafide Provisions® Management team to ensure plans are implemented and execution is consistent with expectations.
- College Graduate
- 5-8 years of regional or national account sales management experience within the CPG industry. Perishable brand experience a plus
- 5-8 years of Broker and/or Distributor DSD management experience
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Good organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Solid understanding of requirements to deliver profitable business
- Fact based selling using syndicated data sources such as IRI, Nielsen, or Spins
- Proven analytical and category management skills including but not limited to post analysis of promotions, space management, and days of supply.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding broker and distributor coordination, communication, and execution
- Leader who thrives in a team atmosphere
- Strategic planning, P&L management, and change management are all a plus.
- Multi - level account penetration skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) a must
- Excessive travel is necessary (at times, may be 3-4 days per week), occasionally requiring air travel; must have a valid driver’s license.
Bonafide Provisions, is a San Diego-based, family-owned company that started in 2011 making restorative bone broth and selling it locally to deep nutrition seekers. In 2015, the company’s online sales exploded, sparking the interest of national retailers. Bonafide has quickly grown to be an exciting, first-mover consumer brand and its products can be found online, in Whole Foods nationwide and in the natural channel. The Company is rapidly expanding in retail and innovating with additional broth flavors and ready-to-drink items.