Refresco US - Operations Group Lead (Supervisor)
|Job Title:||Operations Group Lead (Supervisor)|
|Location:||2090 Bartow Road, Lakeland, FL, 33801|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Supervises operational output, productivity, safety and the manufacturing process. Develops production schedules and identifies staffing requirements. Compiles reports to show comparison to established goals and objectives. Plant shift responsibilities include; proactive implementation of all safety, GMP, and food safety requirements, provides leadership and direction for shift operations, provides quality products to our customers, planning, organizing, and developing action plans for improving all plant operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THAT SUPPORT OPERATIONAL GOALS
- This position has primary responsibility for production associates and assists in directing efforts of maintenance technicians when needed.
- Drive production/manufacturing results through ownership and accountability.
- Assist in adherence to existing maintenance programs, training/knowledge sharing.
- Develop and implement systems to improve operational efficiencies that are sustainable and repeatable.
- Seek to ensure reliability of plant and equipment operation while optimizing maintenance and operational costs and satisfying all safety, environmental, etc. regulations in the process.
- Implement and utilize department skill matrix to allow for flexibility in scheduling and maintain an accurate record of associate training/development.
- General understanding of mechanical systems and how they affect all aspects of the operation.
- Understand all support equipment and how the equipment affects quality.
- Have a working knowledge of SQF, responsibility for Food Safety / Food Quality and the responsibility to take action when notified or becomes aware of any Food Safety or Food Quality issue.
- This position will report directly to the Production Manager with a strong dotted line reporting relationship with the Maintenance Manager, utilizing the Maintenance Manager as a technical resource.
Other members of the team will include Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Automation/Manufacturing Engineer.
- Maintain aggressive focus on safety, cost reduction, quality, and process improvement to create a culture based on meeting or exceeding all plant operational goals.
- Focus the shift on the key drivers of financial performance; daily output, efficiency, staff planning, waste reduction, and quality control.
- Responsible for weekly production records to be presented to General Manager showing corrective actions and root cause analysis to improve line performance.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing Standard Operating Procedures for all line equipment operations and sanitary cleaning.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and interaction with customers, department managers and all levels of employees.
- Required to develop training program and training opportunities for all shift operations employees which includes supervision.
- Ensure all employees maintain good housekeeping practices in order to ensure compliance with safety, quality and sanitation standards. Enforce GMPs and food safety compliance.
- Responsibilities during periods of absence of the Production Manager will be assumed by the Operations Group Lead personnel or an appropriate alternate designee.
Additional Skill Sets
Ability to communicate change effectively and drive change throughout the organization. Prepares and supports those employees affected by the culture change. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Balances group and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others. Contributes to building a positive employee relations environment. Able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
Maintains an effective knowledge of our company financial, budget and operational goals.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and PM/work order software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their manager or supervisor.
Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers. With production in 9 EU countries and the US, our global sourcing and local R&D capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of products, manufactured to customer specifications and requirements. In addition to the efficiency of our bottling processes, we can also provide our customers with total supply chain solutions – from planning and sourcing of raw materials and packaging through to warehousing and transportation. We focus on providing high customer service levels as well as core innovations through the introduction of new packages, flavors and varieties of soft drinks and fruit juices.
In (co-)designing new products, we share extensive knowledge of market trends, local consumer preferences, product formulas, raw materials, and new production technologies. We are able to develop new concepts and bring these to market in an extremely short time frame. In 2015 we realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.1 billion liters and circa €2.0 billion, respectively. We employ circa 5,000 people in Europe and the US. Our head office is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit www.refresco.com.