Kodiak Cakes - Social/Digital Media Manager
|Job Title:||Social/Digital Media Manager|
|Location:||Park City, UT, 84098|
Who are we?
Kodiak Cakes is a small, fast-growing natural foods company located in the scenic Rocky Mountains of Park City, Utah. Our journey with food began by restoring the whole grain tradition of flapjacks from the American frontier. In the process, we discovered that high quality foods closer to nature are not only more wholesome, but far more delicious and packed with clean energy. We rely on that clean energy from nature to fuel our active, outdoor lifestyle in the mountains.
We make the best-selling whole grain flapjack mix in the nation and also sell baking mixes, syrup, oatmeal, and granola at a large variety of retailers (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/store-locator-map/). We’re expanding rapidly as the fastest-growing pancake brand in America and need to build our team with more people that share our passion for the outdoors, bring industry experience, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and want to make an impact on the front lines of the food revolution. We believe that eating real food closer to nature, getting active outdoors, and preserving local nature will bring back that old, balanced partnership with the wild that our forebears forged out on the frontier. We embrace the spirit of the Kodiak – a pristine wilderness with a rich ecosystem – and we rely on that spirit of the Kodiak to inspire the work we do, the food we eat, and the way we play.
What will this position do?
This new position on our marketing team will lead social media and digital marketing for Kodiak Cakes and take it to the next level with leading edge content and engagement. This role will also be responsible for crafting our brand’s social and digital strategy, and then bringing that strategy to life through a variety of marketing touchpoints.
- Craft the social media and digital marketing strategies for Kodiak Cakes
- Create engaging content to increase brand awareness, trial, and loyalty through social media and digital marketing
- Manage the content and placement of paid digital media advertising
- Manage the digital engagement portion of our e-commerce business
- Manage the relationship with digital marketing agencies or services
- Oversee design changes and content integration on our website
- Develop and manage digital marketing editorial content calendars
- Collaborate with influencers and brands to create and distribute content
- Partner cross-functionally with various team members
- Create engaging multimedia content for various digital channels
- Participate in conversations across social media
- Build and distribute our email newsletter
- Create social and digital marketing reporting tools
- Create and manage the social and digital marketing budget
- Monitor existing and emerging food trends and how they’re discussed online
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a visionary with strategy, creativity, and diligence in execution, who can take our brand to the next level in the online space. This person should have a clear handle on the latest digital trends and be intimately familiar with industry leading sources and experts in the social and digital space.
It is crucial that this candidate thrive in our small, entrepreneurial company culture where change is constant, growth is immense, and opportunities abound.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4+ years of experience managing social media platforms for brands
- Mastery of social media platforms and best practices
- Experience leveraging social media analytics
- Experience planning, buying, and optimizing paid social media ads
- Superior writing and communications skills
- Experience managing creative partners to create content
- Comfort using data to communicate results and refine strategies
- Strong ability to manage multiple long-term and short-term projects
- Intense hunger to learn and develop
- Strong people skills and ability to effectively manage conflict
- Be flexible and work with ambiguity in a self-directed way
- Passion for executing remarkable work
- Strong fit for the Kodiak Cakes brand culture of active, outdoor lifestyle
- Experience in public relations
- Natural foods industry experience
- Food content creation experience
- Food photography expertise
- Basic graphic design ability (e.g. Photoshop)
- Strong familiarity with food, ingredients, cooking, and baking
- Experience with issue and crisis management
- Early adopter of new technologies and social networks
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah. It reports to the VP of Marketing and offers competitive compensation and a wide range of small-company benefits that will be highly valued by someone that fits our company culture.
The future of food is whatever our generation decides it will be. We are committed to creating wholesome, natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We feel encouraged by some of the wholesome trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort, we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. If you feel inspired in this same journey, we invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.