Wandering Bear Coffee - Field Sales Manager
|Job Title:||Field Sales Manager|
|Company:||Wandering Bear Coffee|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
Wandering Bear Coffee is looking for an enthusiastic, hungry, and talented Field Sales Manager to help grow our retail grocery sales. At a high level, this role will be responsible for both opening new store accounts as well as managing and improving sales performance at existing store accounts.
This role will report directly to the company’s founders, and will be tasked with aggressively growing our retail presence. This role will work closely with our distribution and merchandising partners to collaborate towards this shared goal.
This role will work primarily from the field as required to call on store accounts, but will be expected to work part of the time from our NYC office.
This is a big job, and a great opportunity for someone with a couple year’s of relevant experience who is looking for the next challenge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Open new store accounts in accordance with sales & growth strategy as outlined by founders
- Develop strong relationships with store buyers, as well as merchandising and distribution partners
- Regularly call on new and existing store accounts to manage relationship, in-store placement, promotional schedule, in-store marketing support, inventory management
- Regularly gather and analyze distributor and vendor reports to track sales performance
- Work with retail partners as well as Marketing team to schedule, coordinate and execute in-store demos; will be expected to occasionally execute demos themselves
- Passionately educate buyers, store personnel, partners, and customers about the brand and product(s)
- Live and breathe the brand at all times, represent the brand as an ambassador in every interaction, conduct business in a manner in line with our company values
Requirements & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience in beverage retail sales in this market (NY Metro), preferably in the Natural/Specialty channel (refrigerated beverage a plus)
- Proven track record of success opening new store accounts and driving sales growth in new and existing accounts
- Willingness to travel regionally (NY, NJ, CT); must have valid Driver’s License and a car
- Must have weekend availability and ability to work flexible hours
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills -- verbal and written
- Must be appropriately competitive, and motivated to beat sales targets
- Must love coffee, iced coffee, and the food & beverage industry