Refresco US - Director, Quality Assurance
|Job Title:||Director, Quality Assurance|
|Location:||92 N Main St, Wharton, NJ, 07885|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
General description of role:
As a key member of the senior management team, the Director, Quality Assurance reports directly to the VP, Operations and assumes a strategic and tactical role in the overall management of all quality assurance functions in all Refresco US locations. Ensures implementation of quality assurance policies and processes that meet or exceed the highest standards of quality excellence. Leads all Quality audits in Refresco US and coordinates the certifications requested by clients. Handles all Quality related matters and complaints in cooperation with all of our customers.
Most important results:
Maintain required level of certification and standards adherence
Manage complaints and audits
Raw materials and Finish Goods standard compliance
Meet or exceed the highest quality standards for our customers
Key responsibilities of the role:
Plans, monitors and coordinates implementation of Quality programs (required by the law, Refresco, suppliers and customers standards and requirements including (FSMA and Juice HACCP) in all plants in the country:
- creates, reviews and approves procedures and related documents
- develops training programs for employees and oversees their realization
- coordinates external and internal audits
- approves corrective action plans and oversees their realization
- agrees on quality requirements with suppliers and customers
- validates changes to Quality processes proposed by employees
- communicates with other BUs in order to ensure alignment
- delivers legally required information and build relationship with authorities
Ensures quality of raw materials and finish goods during production, warehousing and transport:
- coordinates the actions (product recall included) in order to solve and prevent non-conformity issues related to raw materials and products detected at supplier’s site, in Refresco plants or due to customer or consumer complaint.
- analyses issues, identifies root causes, coordinates resolution actions and defines action for improvement at country level.
- manages the control activities and keeps all the functions involved informed
- provides proactive support in the decision making processes with potential impact on the quality of our product (i.e. warehousing and distribution)
Ensures quality and safety of new products and production processes:
- Supports requested changes in technology/processes, including validation and evaluation of possible impact on quality and food safety.
- Validates new products to assure their conformity with Quality requirements
Reports to the Management Team on the Quality performance and needs for improvement, suggests potential corrective or preventive action
Collaborates with the Purchasing department in making decisions related to the purchase of raw materials, secondary package, and in general of all the components that have an impact on the quality of our products. Evaluates potential process changes and new suppliers.
Profile of job holder:
- Degree in Food Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Agriculture or Health Orientation
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience in a beverage or food manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of the quality requirements and governmental compliance
- In depth knowledge of beverage or food production processes and products
- Knowledge of management systems (QMS) Good Practices standards (GMP)
- Knowledge of applicable local regulation; ability to interpret policies, standards, requirements and procedures
Competences and skills:
- Ability to anticipate and avoid potential problems
- Ability to establish successful communication with external institutions, authorities, customers and partners
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions
- Ability to translate function strategy into individual plant programs
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to set standards for management performance
- High integrity
- Articulate communicator and effective listener
- Ability to build relationships to improve results
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other functions
- Knowledge of the contributions of all functions
Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers. With production in 9 EU countries and the US, our global sourcing and local R&D capabilities offer an almost unlimited variety of products, manufactured to customer specifications and requirements. In addition to the efficiency of our bottling processes, we can also provide our customers with total supply chain solutions – from planning and sourcing of raw materials and packaging through to warehousing and transportation. We focus on providing high customer service levels as well as core innovations through the introduction of new packages, flavors and varieties of soft drinks and fruit juices.
In (co-)designing new products, we share extensive knowledge of market trends, local consumer preferences, product formulas, raw materials, and new production technologies. We are able to develop new concepts and bring these to market in an extremely short time frame. In 2015 we realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.1 billion liters and circa €2.0 billion, respectively. We employ circa 5,000 people in Europe and the US. Our head office is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit www.refresco.com.