Account Manager (Sales)
Madidus Importers and WholesalersApply for this Job
Manage and develop new sales and accounts of a fast growing craft beer, wine and spirits distribution company in the Maryland and DC. The successful account manager will identify top customer prospects, make introductory visits and manage follow-up communication with potential customers. The account manager will also develop, maintain and leverage relationships with existing customers in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-5 years experience in sales & marketing in a related Beer, Wine or Spirits role and 1 year within the assigned market.
- Proven track record of success increasing sales volumes within targeted accounts.
- Knowledge of local on-premise beer market, including local laws & statutes.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks as well as work within prescribed timelines and deadlines.
- Self-starter, outgoing and ambitious personality.
- Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Web-based reporting tools.
- Clean driving record and proof of automotive insurance.
- Position contingent upon successful completion of background check.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Account Manager
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1 to 3 years of proven results oriented experience in outside sales or within the food & beverage industry
- An competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Strong judgment and professional maturity
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
To Be Mixed With
- 100% focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores)
- Identifying major accounts that are not being penetrated with products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Improve conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
- Conducting waitstaff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Ability to lift and move 35 lb cases of beer and maneuver 165 lb kegs frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Position can be full or part-time and ideal for an individual already in the business and looking to travel and ‘get out from behind the bar’ on a regular basis. Bartenders, current sales reps, brand ambassadors and liquor representatives are encouraged to apply. Compensation includes salary and a higher-than-usual commission schedule, and health benefits.
Please send an email with interest and resume to groberts(at)madidusimporters.com. we will send additional details about the position and set-up a phone call to discuss the position details further.