SEATTLE, Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Krusteaz, maker of premium baking, pancake and waffle mixes, today announces two new flavors and three improved mixes in its delicious cookie portfolio. Available at most grocery chains nationwide, all Krusteaz mixes deliver the delicious taste and texture of a bakery-style cookie that is easy to create at home.
“We’ve made our cookie classics more exciting, such as doubling the peanut butter in our peanut butter cookie and adding butter and vanilla to our sugar cookie,” said Andy Heily, President of Continental Mills. “Plus, I’m thrilled about Oatmeal Scotchie, one of my personal favorites!”
In time for back-to-school parties, afterschool snacks, playdates and more, Krusteaz’s cookie mix lineup now includes:
- Krusteaz’s new Oatmeal Scotchie (the only cookie of its kind on the market!) is a mouthwatering combination of oats and butterscotch chips, making for a soft, golden cookie.
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal has a sweet, maple flavor and is soft and chewy thanks to the addition of thick rolled oats.
- The improved Butter Vanilla Sugar is a flavorful take on the classic sugar cookie, made even more special with the addition of vanilla! Enjoy this soft, light, buttery cookie all year round.
- Double Peanut Butter is now twice as rich and delicious with added peanut butter and peanut butter chips. The more peanut butter, the better the cookie!
- Featuring three kinds of rich chocolate chunks (semi-sweet, bittersweet and milk chocolate), the Triple Chocolate Chunk also contains hints of brown sugar and vanilla for a sure-to-please, homemade taste.
For even more cookie fun, fans can also find other Krusteaz mixes like Meyer Lemon, Snickerdoodle (look for new packaging) and a fall favorite, Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix, which is made with real pumpkin and includes a vanilla spiced glaze for a touch of sweetness.
Consumers can visit http://www.krusteaz.com/cookies-products-93 for additional information, baking and cooking inspiration, and unique recipes featuring the new cookie mixes, including Jolty Scotchies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Krusteaz cookie mixes are located in the baking aisle and retail for approximately $2.25 each.
About Krusteaz® — The Krusteaz story began in 1932 when a group of women from a Seattle bridge club created a just-add-water pie crust that was an industry first. Today, Krusteaz remains a family-owned business that stands for innovative products, premium ingredients and easy-to-make mixes to fit every occasion. The product line includes pancakes, waffles, muffins, quick breads and flatbreads, cookies, dessert bars, cornbread, crumb cakes and a line of Gluten Free products. Every box invites consumers to have fun in the kitchen, get a little messy, fuel their creativity and enjoy the possibilities Krusteaz mixes bring to the table.
About Continental Mills, Inc. — Continental Mills, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer and marketer of baking and beverage mixes, snacks and other high-quality food products. Located in Tukwila, WA, the family-owned company has strong branded products sold under its Krusteaz®, WildRoots®, Kretschmer® Wheat Germ and Alpine® Cider lines as well as several licensed product extensions. Continental Mills’ products are sold through retail, food service, and club store channels throughout the United States.